Allianz MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity Review
Features A 10% Premium Bonus
Allianz’s MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity is a Fixed Indexed annuity designed for growth (not for income withdrawals). You can allocate your money, once a year on the policy anniversary, between a guaranteed interest rate account and several benchmark stock index accounts.
Special features: 10% Premium Bonus.
Other annuities in this series: MasterDex 5 Plus.
Q: What is the minimum premium I need to pay?
Q: Am I paid a bonus on my initial premium at sign-up?
A:Yes. The MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity pays a 10% bonus on all premiums received during the first five contract years. In some states the bonus may differ.
Q: Can I pay additional premium later on?
A:Yes. A minimum of $25 each time.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A:Yes. You can purchase this annuity up to age 80. In some states the age requirements may differ.
Q:In which states is the MasterDex 10 Plus annuity available?
A:Allianz’s MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity is available in all states except CA, CT, FL, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, PR, UT, VI, WA (as of Feb. 2013).
Q: Does this annuity have an income rider (for withdrawing income)?
A:No, but you can annuitize after the fifth contract year.
Q: For how long are surrender charges in effect?
A:This annuity does not offer a “walk-away” provision. Allianz requires that you annuitize your contract with them.
Q:Does the MasterDex 10 Plus annuity permit any withdrawals without penalties?
A:Yes, after the first contract year.
Q:What benchmark indices does the MasterDex 10 Plus annuity offer?
A:Allianz’s MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity offers four different indices into which you can allocate your premium. The current options are S&P 500, Nasdaq-100, FTSE 100 and a Blended Index.
Q: What are the index account options?
A:Monthly Point-to-Point, Monthly Average, Annual Point-to-Point
Q: What is the Method for Crediting Interest or Gains?
A:Cap rates and Spread (Margin) (see chart below)
To read the Allianz MasterDex 10 Plus Annuity brochure click the image in the right bar (opens to a PDF document).
To review this annuity with an agent or to receive a free personalized illustration call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). You can also email your questions or comments by filling out the form in the right bar. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Brochure Disclosure: The contract features described in this brochure may not apply in the state in which you reside. Insurance companies often issue contracts which are 'state-specific.' Insurance companies also change their brochures often and without notice. To receive the latest version of the annuity brochure for your state call 800-872-6684.
|Allianz MasterDex 10 Plus Cap Rates Rates as of June 4, 2013|
|Fixed Interest Account|
|Monthly Sum Cap|
|Annual Point-to-Point Cap|
|Monthly Average Spread|
More On Fixed Index Annuities
- A Beginner's Tutorial for Fixed Index Annuities Featured Article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuities (All Companies) Featured article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuity Brochures (All Companies) Featured Article
- Equity Indexed Annuities Features Improve Return Rates and Flexibility April 4, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuity Income Rider Explained November 7, 2013
- What Stanford University Learned about Using Fixed Index Annuities to Create Retirement Income October 31, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuities - Good or Bad? October 25, 2013
- How a Fixed Index Annuity Guarantees Inflation-Protected Income in Retirement October 17, 2013
- Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities August 20, 2013
- Index Annuities - Looking Back to Look Forward June 13, 2013
- What to Consider When Buying a Fixed Index Annuity? Morningstar, Apr. 25, 2013
- Minimize Market Risk with a Fixed Index Annuity March 29, 2013