Allianz MasterDex 5 Plus Annuity Review
Allianz’s MasterDex 5 Plus Annuity is a Fixed Indexed annuity designed for growth (not for income withdrawals). You can allocate your money, once a year on the policy anniversary, between a guaranteed interest rate account and several benchmark stock index accounts.
Other annuities in this series: MasterDex X.
Q: What is the minimum premium I need to pay?
Q: Am I paid a bonus on my initial premium at sign-up?
A:Yes, 3% premium bonus on any premiums made in the first 5 years. In some states the bonus may differ.
Q: Can I pay additional premium later on?
A: Yes. A minimum of $25 each time.
Q:Are there any age restrictions?
A:Yes. You can purchase this annuity up to age 80. In some states the age requirements may differ.
Q:In which states is the MasterDex 5 available?
A:Allianz's Masterdex 5 annuity is available in all states except NY, OR, PR, and VI.
Q: Does this annuity have an income rider (for withdrawing income)?
A: Yes, the Income Plus Rider is available at an additional cost.
Click here for the income rider brochure.
Q:For how long are surrender charges in effect?
Q:Does the MasterDex 5 annuity permit any withdrawals without penalties?
A: Yes, after the first contract year.
Q: What benchmark indices do the MasterDex 5 offer?
A:Allianz’s MasterDex 5 annuity offers three different indices into which you can allocate your premium. The current options are S&P 500, Nasdaq-100 and FTSE 100.
Q: What are the index account options?
A:Monthly Sum Cap, Monthly Average Spread, and Annual Point-to-Point.
Q: What is the Method for Crediting Interest or Gains?
A:Cap rates (see chart below)
To read the Midland National MNL Select Annuity brochure click the image in the right bar (opens to a PDF document).
To review this annuity with an agent or to receive a free personalized illustration call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). You can also email your questions or comments by filling out the form in the right bar. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Brochure Disclosure: The contract features described in this brochure may not apply in the state in which you reside. Insurance companies often issue contracts which are 'state-specific.' Insurance companies also change their brochures often and without notice. To receive the latest version of the annuity brochure for your state call 800-872-6684.
|Allianz MasterDex 5 Plus Cap Rates Rates as of February 4, 2014|
|Fixed Interest Account|
|Monthly Sum Cap|
|Annual Point-to-Point Cap|
|Monthly Average Spread|
Do you need help with annuities? Call our annuity experts toll-free at 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). Or, send your questions and comments by email here. We'll get back to you within 24 hours with an answer!
Important Notice: This information is not intended to be a recommendation to purchase an annuity. You should consult with a financial planner to determine if an annuity is a suitable product in your situation. Also, be advised that tax information published at this site is written to support the promotion of annuities. It is based on limited facts and should not be relied upon. You should consult with your own tax and legal advisors for an opinion about what could or should be done in your particular situation.
More On Fixed Index Annuities
- A Beginner's Tutorial for Fixed Index Annuities Featured Article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuities (All Companies) Featured article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuity Brochures (All Companies) Featured Article
- Equity Indexed Annuities Features Improve Return Rates and Flexibility April 4, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuity Income Rider Explained November 7, 2013
- What Stanford University Learned about Using Fixed Index Annuities to Create Retirement Income October 31, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuities - Good or Bad? October 25, 2013
- How a Fixed Index Annuity Guarantees Inflation-Protected Income in Retirement October 17, 2013
- Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities August 20, 2013
- Index Annuities - Looking Back to Look Forward June 13, 2013
- What to Consider When Buying a Fixed Index Annuity? Morningstar, Apr. 25, 2013
- Minimize Market Risk with a Fixed Index Annuity March 29, 2013