American Equity Bonus Gold Annuity Review
American Equity’s Bonus Gold Annuity is a 16-Year Fixed Indexed annuity. You can allocate your money, once a year on the policy anniversary, between a guaranteed interest rate account and several benchmark index accounts
Special Features: 10% Premium Bonus, Income Rider.
Q: What is the minimum premium I need to pay?
Q: Am I paid a bonus on my initial premium at sign-up?
A:Yes. The Bonus Gold annuity pays a 10% bonus on all premiums received during the first contract year.
Q: Can I pay additional premium later on?
A:Yes. A minimum of $25 each time.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A:Yes. You can purchase this annuity up to age 80. In some states the age requirements may differ.
Q:In which states is the Bonus Gold available?
A:American Equity’s Bonus Gold annuity is available in all states except AK, AL, CT, DE, MN, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PR, TX, UT, VI, WA (as of May 2013).
Q: Does this annuity have an income rider (for withdrawing income)?
A:Yes. An income rider can be included with your contract for an additional fee.
Click here for the Lifetime Benefit Income rider brochure.
Q: For how long are surrender charges in effect?
Q:Does the Bonus Gold annuity permit any withdrawals without penalties?
A:Yes. Thirty days after your contract has issued.
Q:What benchmark indices do the Bonus Gold offer?
A:American Equity’s Bonus Gold annuity offers three different indices into which you can allocate your premium. The current options are S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and 10-Year U.S. Treasury Bond.
Q: What are the index account options?
A:Monthly Average, Monthly Point-to-Point, Annual Point-to-Point.
Q: What is the Method for Crediting Interest or Gains?
A:Cap rates and Participation Rates (see chart below)
To read the American Equity Bonus Gold Annuity brochure click the image in the right bar (opens to a PDF document).
To review this annuity with an agent or to receive a free personalized illustration call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). You can also email your questions or comments by filling out the form in the right bar. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Brochure Disclosure: The contract features described in this brochure may not apply in the state in which you reside. Insurance companies often issue contracts which are 'state-specific.' Insurance companies also change their brochures often and without notice. To receive the latest version of the annuity brochure for your state call 800-872-6684.
|American Equity Bonus Gold Rates Cap Rates as of October 17, 2013|
|16 Year||Cap||Part. Rate||Asset Fee|
|S&P 500 Annual Monthly Average w/Part. Rate||N/A||30%||N/A|
|S&P 500 Annual Monthly Average w/Cap||3.25%||N/A||0%|
|Dow Annual Monthly Average w/Cap||3.25%||N/A||0%|
|Dow Annual Pt to Pt w/Cap||3.25%||N/A||0%|
|S&P 500 Annual Pt to Pt w/Part. Rate||N/A||20%||N/A|
|S&P 500 Annual Pt to Pt w/Cap||3.25%||N/A||0%|
|S&P Monthly Pt to Pt||1.80%||N/A||0%|
|10-Year U.S. Treasury Bond||2.75%||N/A||0%|
|Current Fixed Value Rate||1.50%|
More On Fixed Index Annuities
- A Beginner's Tutorial for Fixed Index Annuities Featured Article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuities (All Companies) Featured article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuity Brochures (All Companies) Featured Article
- Equity Indexed Annuities Features Improve Return Rates and Flexibility April 4, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuity Income Rider Explained November 7, 2013
- What Stanford University Learned about Using Fixed Index Annuities to Create Retirement Income October 31, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuities - Good or Bad? October 25, 2013
- How a Fixed Index Annuity Guarantees Inflation-Protected Income in Retirement October 17, 2013
- Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities August 20, 2013
- Index Annuities - Looking Back to Look Forward June 13, 2013
- What to Consider When Buying a Fixed Index Annuity? Morningstar, Apr. 25, 2013
- Minimize Market Risk with a Fixed Index Annuity March 29, 2013