Midland National ~ Capstone 14 Annuity Review
Midland National's Capstone 14 Annuity is a Fixed Indexed annuity designed for growth (not for income withdrawals). You can allocate your money, once a year on the policy anniversary, between a guaranteed interest rate account and several benchmark stock index accounts.
Other annuities in this series: Capstone 10-Year Option
Q: What is the minimum premium I need to pay?
Q: Am I paid a bonus on my initial premium at sign-up?
A:Yes. The Capstone 14 pays an 9% bonus on all premiums received during the first seven contract years. In some states the bonus may differ.
Q: Can I pay additional premium later on?
A:Yes. A minimum of $100 each time.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A:Yes. You can purchase this annuity up to age 75. In some states the age requirements may differ.
Q:In which states is the Capstone 14 available?
A:Midland National's Capstone 14 annuity is available in all states except AK, AL, CT, DE, MN, NY, OH, OR, PR, UT, VI, WA (as of May 2013).
Q: Does this annuity have an income rider (for withdrawing income)?
A:Yes. An income rider can be included with your contract for an additional fee.
Q: For how long are surrender charges in effect?
Q:Does the Capstone 14 annuity permit any withdrawals without penalties?
A:Yes, after the first contract year.
Q:What benchmark indices do the Capstone 14 offer?
A:Midland National’s Capstone 14 annuity offers six different indices into which you can allocate your premium. The current options are S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), S&P Midcap 400, Russell 2000, Nasdaq-100 and Euro Stoxx 50.
Q: What are the index account options?
A:Daily Average, Monthly Point-to-Point and Annual Point-to-Point.
Q: What is the Method for Crediting Interest or Gains?
A: Cap rates (see chart below)
To read the Midland National Capstone 14 Annuity brochure click the image in the right bar (opens to a PDF document).
To review this annuity with an agent or to receive a free personalized illustration call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). You can also email your questions or comments by filling out the form in the right bar. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Brochure Disclosure: The contract features described in this brochure may not apply in the state in which you reside. Insurance companies often issue contracts which are 'state-specific.' Insurance companies also change their brochures often and without notice. To receive the latest version of the annuity brochure for your state call 800-872-6684.
16771Y PRT 08-12
|MNL Capstone Cap Rates Cap Rates as of April 29, 2014|
|14 Year Option||Daily Average||Annual Point to Point||Monthly Point to Point|
|S&P MIDCAP 400||2.35%||2.20%||N/A|
|EURO STOXX 50||N/A||2.55%||N/A|
|OPTIMAL INDEX STRATEGY||N/A||2.00%||N/A|
|FIXED ACCOUNT RATE||1.30%|
|FIRST YEAR YIELD (IN FIXED ACCOUNT)||11.43% (First-year yield = 1.30% Fixed Rate + 10.00% Premium Bonus)|
Do you have questions about annuities? Get help from our friendly and knowledgeable experts, toll-free. Call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). We'd be happy to answer your questions without any sales talk. Or, email your questions here and we'll get back to you by the next business day!
Important Notice: This information is not intended to be a recommendation to purchase an annuity. You should consult with a financial planner to determine if an annuity is a suitable product in your situation. Also, be advised that tax information published at this site is written to support the promotion of annuities. It is based on limited facts and should not be relied upon. You should consult with your own tax and legal advisors for an opinion about what could or should be done in your particular situation.
More On Fixed Index Annuities
- A Beginner's Tutorial for Fixed Index Annuities Featured Article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuities (All Companies) Featured article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuity Brochures (All Companies) Featured Article
- Equity Indexed Annuities Features Improve Return Rates and Flexibility April 4, 2013
- 17 Great Tips for Buying Your Fixed Index Annuity June 27, 2014
- Fixed Index Annuity Income Rider Explained November 7, 2013
- What Stanford University Learned about Using Fixed Index Annuities to Create Retirement Income October 31, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuities - Good or Bad? October 25, 2013
- How a Fixed Index Annuity Guarantees Inflation-Protected Income in Retirement October 17, 2013
- Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities August 20, 2013
- Index Annuities - Looking Back to Look Forward June 13, 2013
- What to Consider When Buying a Fixed Index Annuity? Morningstar, Apr. 25, 2013
- Minimize Market Risk with a Fixed Index Annuity March 29, 2013