North American Charter 14 Annuity Review
North American's Charter 14 annuity is a Fixed Indexed annuity designed for growth with an available income rider.
Other annuities in this series: Charter 10
Q: What is the minimum premium I need to pay?
Q: Am I paid a bonus on my initial premium at sign-up?
A:Yes, a 8% bonus is paid on all premiums paid during the first seven years of the contract.
Q: Can I pay additional premium later on?
A:Yes, at a minimum of $50 each time.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A:Yes. You can purchase this annuity up to age 75. In some states the age requirements may differ.
Q:In which states is the Charter 14 annuity available?
A:North American's Charter 14 annuity is available in all states except AK, AL, CA, CT, DE, MN, NY, OR, PR, UT, VI, and WA (as of June 2013).
Q: Does this annuity have an income rider (for withdrawing income)?
A:Yes. An income rider can be included with your contract for an additional fee.
Click here to read the North American Income Pay Rider brochure.
Q: For how long are surrender charges in effect?
Q:Does the Charter 14 annuity permit any withdrawals without penalties?
A:Yes, 10% after the first contract year.
Q:What benchmark indices do the Charter 14 annuity offer?
A:Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq-100, Standard & Poor’s 500 Index, Dow Jones EuroSTOXX 50, Russell 2000 Index, Standard & Poor’s MidCap 400 Index, Hindsight Index Strategy, (combination of S&P 500, DJ EuroSTOXX50 and Russell 2000).
Q: What are the index account options?
A:Monthly Point-to-Point, Annual Daily Average, and Annual Point-to-Point.
Q: What is the Method for Crediting Interest or Gains?
A: Cap rates.
To read the North American Charter 14 Annuity brochure click the image in the right bar (opens to a PDF document).
To review this annuity with an agent or to receive a free personalized illustration call 800-872-6684 (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST). You can also email your questions or comments by filling out the form in the right bar. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Brochure Disclosure: The contract features described in this brochure may not apply in the state in which you reside. Insurance companies often issue contracts which are 'state-specific.' Insurance companies also change their brochures often and without notice. To receive the latest version of the annuity brochure for your state call 800-872-6684.
16761Z PRT 08-12
|North American Charter Cap Rates Cap Rates as of November 26, 2013|
|14 Year Option||Daily Average||Annual Point to Point||Monthly Point to Point|
|S&P MIDCAP 400||2.85%||2.50%||N/A|
|EURO STOXX 50||N/A||3.10%||N/A|
|HINDSIGHT INDEX STRATEGY||N/A||2.25%||N/A|
|FIXED ACCOUNT RATE||1.45%|
|FIRST YEAR YIELD (IN FIXED ACCOUNT)||11.59% (First-year yield =1.45% Fixed Rate + 10.00% Premium Bonus.)|
More On Fixed Index Annuities
- A Beginner's Tutorial for Fixed Index Annuities Featured Article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuities (All Companies) Featured article
- Complete List of Fixed Index Annuity Brochures (All Companies) Featured Article
- Equity Indexed Annuities Features Improve Return Rates and Flexibility April 4, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuity Income Rider Explained November 7, 2013
- What Stanford University Learned about Using Fixed Index Annuities to Create Retirement Income October 31, 2013
- Fixed Index Annuities - Good or Bad? October 25, 2013
- How a Fixed Index Annuity Guarantees Inflation-Protected Income in Retirement October 17, 2013
- Understanding Fixed Indexed Annuities August 20, 2013
- Index Annuities - Looking Back to Look Forward June 13, 2013
- What to Consider When Buying a Fixed Index Annuity? Morningstar, Apr. 25, 2013
- Minimize Market Risk with a Fixed Index Annuity March 29, 2013